[Xotcl] Re: [Xotcl] Using source with the xodoc tool / Debian

uwe.zdun at uni-essen.de uwe.zdun at uni-essen.de
Tue Dec 19 17:47:15 CET 2000

KL> I haven't yet got round to upgrading to 0.83 and the upgraded xodoc tool,
KL> but I'd like to know how it reacts to splitting up a package into several
KL> files? Ie. I have one large file with lots of classes but to structure
KL> it more neatly I am moving parts of it into other files with the same
KL> package name so that "package require" gets all of them. Will this affect
KL> the operation of xodoc? Specifically I'd like to know what happens
KL> when using the "@ File" system as I'd probably like to document each
KL> file separately like that.

xodoc works at the moment per file. I.e. when documenting several
files with the same package provides/requires it will produce a html
doc file for each (in this file the "@ File" is evaluated). But is
this the behavior you intend?

we could also merge components that are split across files into one
documentation file.  I'm not sure which solution is the best one ...
what do you think?

KL> In addition all the classes in the different files are evaled into the
KL> same namespace, so xodoc should handle this too.

I think this works ... but only with several doc files.

KL> On another issue we have made Debian packages of XOTcl (0.82, but 0.83 is
KL> on the way) if someone is interested.. They're not extensively tested but
KL> they seem to work on the machines here. Probably candidates for merging
KL> into the official Debian system at some later time.

great! if you like to maintain Debian packages & have a web page for
them, we can link this page with the XOTcl download page?

--Uwe

--
Uwe Zdun
Specification of Software Systems, University of Essen
zdun at xotcl.org, uwe.zdun at uni-essen.de