[Xotcl] Re: [Xotcl] re: Method inheritance on class side

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Tue Apr 24 20:25:23 CEST 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

>  What is the opinion of the community? Do you need/want such
>  an extended "inheritable proc" or a new language-consttruct?
>  Did you face this problem already, and if yes, was it hard/inelegant
>  to solve?

Personally I've never had the need for it (per-object procs were fine).
Usually I'd always want to keep a language as simple as possible. Of
course if I had a need for such a structure then maybe I would change
my stance, but until it becomes very common I'm probably content with
the current system.

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |  www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> |    setok at fishpool.com       |  - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |