[Xotcl] XOTcl 0.9.3 available

Gustaf Neumann neumann at wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Dec 17 23:12:56 CET 2001

Dear XOTcl community,

XOTcl version 0.9.3 is now available. The biggest change
is a mostly TEA compliant built and install....

Here more details:

RECENT CHANGES relative to 0.9 are:

  - A "more or less" TEA compliant build process and its
    directory structure (aligend it as far as possible to Tcl, sample
    extension and other extensions)

    * We started building an XOTcl stub lib.

    * We separated xotcl from its library/applications
      (there is an xotcl-<VERSION> directory in the full distribution
       that just builds, installs, etc. the XOTcl libraries ... this
       can for instance be used in other distributions using and
       shipping XOTcl, but not using the shells).

    * The full distribution still builds shells, but they are using
      "package require" to load the XOTcl libraries now.

    * For building xowish (the XOTcl Tk shell) you do only require
      an installed Tk version on Unix now.

  - On Windows we still use nmake due to problems with VCC 6.0 in
    all TEA compliant extensions we have checked, but we use a
    completely new build process (more or less one-to-one the
    Unix build process).

  - A few minor bugfixes.

  - We have tested this release on platforms we have access to
    (Linux, Win NT, Solaris). Please inform us, if there are some
    problems on your platform so that we can eliminate them in future
    releases.

MORE INFO
  General and more detailed information about XOTcl and its components
  can be found at http://www.xotcl.org

Best regards,

Gustaf Neumann
Uwe Zdun