[Xotcl] Widgets

Rick Hedin rhedin at aquifer.geology.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 5 15:18:16 CET 2001

Hello all.

I want to build an object on top of a canvas.  The object adds some
internationalized features.  I'm not clear how to manage the XOTcl object in
conjunction with the Tk object.  For now, I'm just managing the two as
separate entities.

Icanvas icanvas .f  ;# I pass the path for the tk object.
pack .f.icanvas -fill both -expand true  ;# And manipulate the tk object
with tk commands.

Or maybe I should:

pack [icanvas tkpath] -fill both -expand true

Or give my object a truly wicked name:

Icanvas .f.icanvas  ;# Will this work?

Or wrap every tk command in my xotcl object.

What is your thinking regarding widgets from XOTcl?

	Regards,

	Rick