[Xotcl] Re: [Xotcl] Probable bug: no method calls with "next" & init

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Mon Feb 5 22:36:12 CET 2001

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

>   Somehow, i have the feeling, that Kristoffer intended a class to the
>   method "whatever". Why not use:
>
>      Class Bar -superclass Foo
>      Bar instproc init {} {
>        next myArg
>        [self] whatever niceSystem
>      }

Because the "whatever" method should be called along with the object
creation -- and specifically before it takes place. Just as if I had
created an object of the superclass with -whatever in the init line.

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |  www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> |    setok at fishpool.com       |  - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |