[Xotcl] performance

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Mon Feb 12 22:54:43 CET 2001

Just for interest I implemented one of the OO tests from Doug's shootout
(http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/) in XOTcl to see how it would
fare. Specifically it was the method call speed test
(http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/bench/methcall/). I have attached my
code to this email.

According to my own tests, it didn't do terribly well, but it's difficult
to say whether this is a limitation of Tcl (which doesn't do very well in
several of those speed tests) or just a sign that there might be some room
for optimisation in XOTcl itself. Now what would be interesting would
be a comparison with iTcl -- but as I don't know it I'll leave that for
someone else. Any comments?

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |  www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> |    setok at fishpool.com       |  - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |