[Xotcl] Multithreading, memory usage, etc.

Zoran Vasiljevic zoran at archiware.com
Mon Mar 5 10:56:52 CET 2001

Hi Xotcl collegues !

My name is Zoran Vasiljevic. Uwe and Gustaf already know me,
as I've helped them for rolling-out the 0.83 version. I did some
multithreading-related fixes and Purify tests.

I've been using Xotcl in an multithreading environment,
i.e. within the AOLserver Web server, version 3.2.
I did have to make certain modifications to the server in order
to intergrate Xotcl there, but that was not so difficult.

After some (deployment) time I've noticed certain memory
(well, not exactly leaks, rather uncontrolled) consumptions
which I was not able to track-down with Purify.

I've invested some days investigating this and have found the
cause of problems.  I also have the needed changes to xotcl.c
to correct this behaviour.

My question is: when is the next Xotcl version planned and to
whom should I send the changes so they get integrated into
the main distro ? Uwe ? Gustaf ?

Cheer's
Zoran Vasiljevic
Archiware