[Xotcl] Re: [Xotcl] Xotcl on Windows

Uwe Zdun bm0005 at sp2.power.uni-essen.de
Wed Mar 7 18:00:22 CET 2001

Hi,

we're aware of the Windows problems with GDBM and have a new compiled
version for XOTclSdbm, a new Tcl-only TextFile Storage  (both as an
alternative to Gdbm), and a new  XOTcl wrapper for Gdbm ready for Windows.
We're in the last preparations for the next XOTcl release in which
our whole XOTcl test suite runs without problems under Win (including the
Counters and other actiweb apps). And the compilation process under Win is
working much better now.

I would propose to wait a few days until 0.84 is ready. If you desperatly
need it, I can send you a preview for the time being.

Greetings,

Uwe