[Xotcl] AOP and XOtcl

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Tue Sep 25 18:16:48 CEST 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Uwe Zdun wrote:

> b) make filters special objects which have a method (proc) on them which is
> the filter. This would be a substantially different model to what we have
> now. Filter search would have to take place on these objects, filters would
> not be inherited, linearization of filters would be different, etc. But, of
> course, we could combine different filters on these objects. This would be
> closer to cross-cutting concerns in AOP.

Could you not still keep inheritance in this model? The only difference
really would be that the filters themselves would be reusable
components. If attached to a class, then all class methods, and anything
extending the class, will be affected by the filter. Or is there something
wrong with this idea?

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |  www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> |    setok at fishpool.com       |  - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |