[Xotcl] xotcl and tclkit on win32

Brian Theado btheado at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jul 18 05:05:52 CEST 2002

Does anyone have an xotcl.dll built against Tcl 8.4 they are willing to
share?  I would like to use XOTcl with tclkit on windows.  The latest tclkit
is based on Tcl8.4b1 but the xotcl.dll available on the xotcl web page is
built agains Tcl 8.3.

There was a thread about xotcl and tclkit back in October
(http://alice.wu-wien.ac.at/pipermail/xotcl/2001-October/thread.html).  It
seems that the stubs enabled shared library works only when used with the
same version of Tcl that it was built against.  That still seems to be the
case.

I tried building myself and was successful in Linux.  I get compile errors
using mingw on windows (The error is something like "initializer element is
not constant" in many places in xotclStubInit.c.  They look like constants
to me as they are just references to function names).  I also tried
cross-compiling from Linux with the same compile errors.

Thanks,
Brian Theado