[Xotcl] problem compiling xotcl-0.9.4 on Linux

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Sat Jul 20 11:11:29 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have successfully installed xotcl 0.9 from the source distribution
(xotcl-full-0.9.4) and the xotclsh et xowish executables work fine.
However, when I try to use the libxotcl0.9.so library, I encounter strange
problems:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib ./mywish
% Object x
invalid command name "Object"
%

although xotcl seems to be loaded:
% set xotcl::version
0.9
%

mywish has been compiled the following way:
gcc -o mywish tkAppInit.o -L/usr/local/lib  -lxotcl0.9 -lX11 -lm

(I have removed other librairies for BLT, Tktable, itcl, etc.. extensions I'm using)
The compilation issued no errors.
The makefile for building mywish has worked for several months and I had
no problem with it.

So, I don't know what to do. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks again in advance,

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center