[Xotcl] problem compiling xotcl-0.9.4 on Linux

Zoran Vasiljevic zoran at archiware.com
Sat Jul 20 16:18:11 CEST 2002

On Saturday 20 July 2002 14:38, Catherine Letondal wrote:

> It worked. I just wonder why is that necessary with the shared
> library - it is not under xotclsh or xowish? I also tried under
> another Xotxl 0.9 shared library installation... and it worked.

The xotclsh/xowish already do this import per-se.
The extension library is a good citizen in the
Tcl world (well, starting from 0.9.4) and it
uses it's own namespace in order to avoid name
collisions and stuff.
This is good so, but it triggers some
misunderstandings when updating from
the earlier version.