[Xotcl] results of the poll

Zoran Vasiljevic zoran at archiware.com
Sun Mar 10 13:18:23 CET 2002

Bugs in 0.9.3 and 0.9.4 for threaded (including AOLserver) builds.
The problem is that in Tcl, a strong marriage between the
Tcl interpreter and its accompaniyg thread exists.

Each time a new Tcl thread is starting, it may (AOLserver will!)
load the XOTcl_Init routine. This will patch couple of the
standard Tcl commands using the TclCommands function.
This function had an internal static counter, tracking
number of calls. On thread exit, this procedure was called
again and it did a reverse, replacing patched pointers with
original ones.

TclCommands(Tcl_Interp* in, int load) {
  int rc = TCL_OK;
  if (load) {
#ifdef USE_TCL_STUBS
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommand(in, EXPR,     0, 0);
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommand(in, INCR,     0, 0);
#endif
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommand(in, SUBST,    0, SUBST_CMD);
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommand(in, INFO,     XOTcl_InfoObjCmd, 0);
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommand(in, RENAME,   XOTcl_RenameObjCmd, 0);
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommand(in, UPLEVEL,  XOTcl_UplevelObjCmd, 0);
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommand(in, UPVAR,    XOTcl_UpvarObjCmd, 0);
  } else {
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommandCleanup(in, INFO);
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommandCleanup(in, RENAME);
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommandCleanup(in, UPLEVEL);
    rc|= XOTclReplaceCommandCleanup(in, UPVAR);
  }
  return rc;
}