[Xotcl] Functional programming?

Rick Hedin rhedin at aquifer.geology.uiuc.edu
Thu May 16 15:16:33 CEST 2002

Hello.  My friends are trying to convince me of the value of functional
programming.  Writing safer and clearer programs sounds good, but I am not
inclined to learn Haskell.

Xotcl is a pretty flexible beast.  Can I do functional programming in it?
It seems as though classes are a variety of object in Xotcl, so that will be
an advantage for passing classes around, but what else am I missing?  I
suspect that Gustaf and Uwe thought about functional programming when they
designed their beast.  Can I find out what their thoughts were?

	Regards,

	Rick