[Xotcl] info classchildren leads to a segfault

Michael A. Cleverly michael at cleverly.com
Thu Apr 17 20:11:20 CEST 2003

Since every class is also an object, its possible to define both procs &
instprocs for it.  The instprocs define methods that objects of this class
will have, while the proc (as I understand it) proc would define a method
on the class object, but not for objects of the class. (Yes?)

However, during my interactive playing around trying different things I've
found that as soon as I define a proc on the class object any subsequent
use of [info classchildren] leads to a segfault.

$ tclsh
% package require XOTcl
1.0
% namespace import xotcl::*
% Class C
::C
% C info classchildren
% C proc foo args {}
% C info classchildren
Segmentation fault

Is it better to avoid defining procs on the class object, or am I
misunderstanding when & where to use [info classchildren]?

Michael