[Xotcl] configure hangs on sed -f command

Gustaf Neumann neumann at wu-wien.ac.at
Tue Aug 26 18:43:38 CEST 2003

Hi Cathrine,

 i have noticed a similar problem some months ago, when
 switching redhat versions. XOTcl uses the configure
 information from tcl. This file is found though configure,
 you will see a line like:

checking for Tcl configuration... found /home/neumann/tcl8.3.5/unix/tclConfig.sh

 check this file and see if you have @-variables in it and replace these
 variables with sensible values. i remember vaguely the details,
 but i had lines like

TCL_STUB_LIB_FILE='@TCL_STUB_LIB_FILE@'

 in it. This seems to cause the loop....

 hope this helps,