[Xotcl] install problems

j_marvin at localnet.com j_marvin at localnet.com
Tue Dec 9 05:32:17 CET 2003

hi-
i did a zip binary distribution for windows
 <http://media.wu-wien.ac.at/download/xotcl-1.1.0-win32-tcl8.4.5.zip>
xotcl-1.1.0-win32-tcl8.4.5.zip

my tcl directory was in c:\tcl .   when the install took place it tried
to put xotcl in c:\program files\tcl directory.
since that is not where i originally installed tcl i copied the files
with the file manager back over to c:\tcl and its subdirectories.
i have an environment variable named tcllibpath that points to
c:\tcl\lib\xotcl.  i moved the 4 include files over to c:\tcl\include .
the libxotcl1.1.dll resides now in my c:\tcl\lib directory.

when i run this code in ASED it prints out "failure" as it is not loaded
properly.  I am using version 8.4.

set fail [catch [load libxotcl.dll]]
if {$fail} {
puts "failure"

}

i wanted to expirement with xotcl.  i have swig working and know a
little c++ but i thought i'd try out this new way of doing things.

please let me know if you can think of any tricks i am not thinking of
to get this to load properly.
i could reinstall TCL to c:\program files\tcl and then reinstall xotcl
from the beginning zip file.  Is that necessary?

thanks
marvin