[Xotcl] cant locate package xotcl freewrap visualTcl

jim j_marvin at localnet.com
Wed Dec 10 19:22:41 CET 2003

hi-

in my script at the beginning i added a line like this

global widget
lappend auto_path /Program Files/Tcl/lib/xotcl1.1/xotcl/ ;
package require XOTcl;
    namespace import -force xotcl::*

etc. etc. etc.  <rest of script(s)>

i thought this was the way to do it but i guess not.
is putting lappend auto_path ...  going to fill up the auto_path
contents with a redundant path values making it huge?
the widgets in visualTcl i use i believe are in libraries.  how come
they are wrapped in the binary exe file and xotcl is not?

if it is required that i have xotcl installed on the computer i am
distributing to i guess that is ok.
is there a way to make it so with the programs i mentioned all i have to
do is distribute the exe file?

i finished my program i was working on that simulates a fake elevator.
i used some xotcl code the mailing list helped me
with and integrated it into a visualTcl GUI program with events.  I
wanted to put a download link on my website to show
people.
I was hoping they could just download the exe from the link but if not
it is not that important.
thanks,
marvin