[Xotcl] updated patch for xotcl 1.3.3

Jeff Hobbs jeffh at ActiveState.com
Wed Dec 1 00:21:36 CET 2004

>  unfortunately, we de not have a wide range of machines
>  available. Our normal testing cycle starts with development
> under linux/gcc, then test under win with visual cc, for most
>  releases zoran tests under sun with purify.

Understood.  We are doing wide testing now in order to
try and get this in ActiveTcl.

> > test-core fails on HP-UX 11 pa-risc with:
> >
> > FAILED: FAILED - UpLevel Test 2
> > Got:      ::o
> > Expected: ::s
> > 0 g='::o' e='::s'
> > make: *** [test-core] Error 255
>
>  was this with gcc or cc? Is it possible to get a guest
> account  for the hpux machine?

It didn't actually matter whether it was gcc or HP cc, both
failed at the same spot.  Unfortunately this machine is
behind a firewall, so I couldn't give access regardless.  I
am still working on some other issues (just fixed the Windows
doc building), so I haven't looked into this abnormality at
this point.  If you have an idea, I'll test it.

> > It's probably best to just take this patch directly and call it
> > xotcl-1.3.4, unless you want to further clean up based on my other
> > suggestions (like ALLOC stuff).
>
>  We will do so,

Actually, I have one more patch coming down the pipe - it
only has more Makefile changes, but I will make it the same
bulk-style patch as before.  Actually, it changes makeDoc.xotcl
as well to remove Windows-isms and be more error-sturdy.

Should be done with that shortly.

Jeff