[Xotcl] cum patch #42 for xotcl-1.3.3

Jeff Hobbs jeffh at ActiveState.com
Wed Dec 1 00:58:54 CET 2004

I'm not sure how many I've sent so far, but I hope this is
the last ;).

In addition to the previous, this corrects:

* CallStackGetFrame patch from Gustaf, exposed by HP build
* make doc on Windows now works (from cygwin build)

In doing test-core, the very end can sometimes complain
that xotcl::test isn't found - I think this is expecting
an installed version or something.

Also, 'make doc' on Windows catches one failure:

...z:\src\xotcl-1.3.3\tests\testx.xotcl
        error processing z:\src\xotcl-1.3.3\tests\testx.xotcl:
too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)
    (procedure "getCommand" line 1)
    ::docdb26 ::StaticMetadataAnalyzer->getCommand
    invoked from within
"my getCommand c"
    (procedure "getCommand" line 25)
    ::docdb26 ::StaticMetadataAnalyzer->getCommand
    invoked from within
"my getCommand c"
    (procedure "getCommand" line 25)
    ::docdb26 ::StaticMetadataAnalyzer->getCommand
    invo...

So doing the doc on that pushes the stack limit I think,
as it takes a while on any platform for that file.  I would
rewrite that proc to not be recursive - getCommand could
iterate ones over the string and break it into a list of
commands (as tkcon does).

We are still seeing some issues with 8.5 build/installs,
but I think they may be localized (and not as important at
this point).

  Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
  http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos