[Xotcl] updated patch for xotcl 1.3.3

Jeff Hobbs jeffh at ActiveState.com
Wed Dec 1 19:03:56 CET 2004

> Maybe start a SourceForge project for xotcl so you have
> access to SourceForge's compile farm?
> http://sourceforge.net/index.php
> http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=762&group_id=1

Unfortunately, as noted in the host list above, HP-UX and
other old-school linux variants (AIX, IRIX) are not
available in their list.  You can get HP-UX test accounts
through the HP/Compaq testdrive center.

In any case, this was one issue that seemed to be a
x-platform issue that only arose seriously on HP.  I find
that is actually a good advantage to many platforms - this
would not be the first general bug that was highlighted by
slight mem mgmt or other differences of a single platform.
In fact, the extra 'break' issue I highlighted yesterday
was also found by the Solaris Forte compiler as a general
warning, but gcc missed it.  I don't have IRIX anymore, but
I recall the SGI compiler to have been very good about
pointing out possible bugs as general warnings.

Jeff