[Xotcl] installation on fedora

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Wed Mar 31 19:50:33 CEST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Alexandre Dehne wrote:

> In order to use biok, I have to install xotcl. My problem with xotcl
> installation is that my system is under Fedora and there is no tclInt.h
> file under this distribution (even with the tcl-devel package). Of
> course, I can uninstall the tcl package and install tcl manually but, by
> uninstalling tcl package, other packages are going out and that put me
> in trouble ...

Well tclInt.h is internal Tcl stuff (unfortunately still required by
XOTcl). Does Fedora have a Tcl source package? Would be in that.

I think Debian is now clever enough to include tclInt.h in the tcl dev
package, although naturally the best would be if external packages no
longer needed tclInt.h

                              / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/