[Xotcl] namespace incompatibility by XOTcl 1.3.1 (XOTclIDE)

Uwe Zdun uwe.zdun at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Sep 3 10:24:11 CEST 2004

Hi Artur,

it seems there are some flaws in the new namespace handling code
that we did not foresee. In the first example, for instance, the current
namespace "::O" is not correctly set, IMHO.
I suggest: don't change your code now, but wait for the next release,
because
we need to fix this behavior first. After a quick assessment, I think
either
some larger changes to this are necessary or we remove the new namespace
handling in the next release again. Here is a version of XOTcl
with the namespace handling code disabled:

http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/~uzdun/resources/xotcl-1.3.1.tar.gz

can you please verify that this version works as intended for you?

I then also produce windows binaries for this version ans likely put it
on the web.

Uwe