[Xotcl] Even more [eval] woes

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Mon Sep 6 15:51:35 CEST 2004

[self proc] inside a method that has been called inside an [ob eval] block
gives the result "eval" inside of the method we're in.

In practise this is now causing so many headaches I think I'm going to
give up on doing this package using XOTcl that way. There appears to be no
(working?) way to run a script within the 'context' of an object, in order
to easily parse data which is formed in the style of a Tcl script. This is
unfortunate as it would likely have offered clear performance benefits.

I may still try to do it directly with normal namespaces instead of XOTcl.

                               / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/