[Xotcl] Segmentation fault

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Fri Sep 24 15:54:21 CEST 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Kristoffer Lawson wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
>
>> I'm getting a segmentation fault in relation to XOTcl. I believe the
>> situation that causes it is as follows:
>>
>> * I have an object C which has a child M.
>> * M has a fileevent callback.
>> * On receiving complete message, M calls a method in C.
>> * If that is an empty message, C destroys itself and closes the socket in
>> the destructor (M is still in fileevent callback).
>
> For what it's worth, here's some more information from the debug output:
>
> Client connected.
> *  init: MsgHandler init called
> *  destroy: next
> *  destroy: destroy MsgHandler
> *  destroy: CmdHandler destroy
>   *  destroy: close socket
> *  destroy: ClientConn destroy
> *  destroy: destroy MsgHandler
> *  destroy: destroy MsgHandler
> --var-- ::::readData: data: ,
> *  MsgHandler readData: return
> Segmentation fault

Now I'm also getting it even without the debug output, after having some
data pass back and forth:

called Tcl_FindHashEntry on deleted table
Aborted

Perhaps it's related to some other issue that was brought up here? Turning
into a bit of a showstopper so at the very least I need some kind of
workaround.

                               / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/