[Xotcl] experience installing xotcl on MacOsX ?

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Wed Sep 29 12:59:25 CEST 2004

On Sep 28, 2004, at 7:25 PM, Uwe Zdun wrote:

> Hi Catherine,
>
> on Unix we have moved the build system as default to the style
> preferred by TEA: the shells
> are not built anymore by default. Instead it is advisable to load
> XOTcl dynamically into the
> ordinary tclsh or wish. I propose you simply use this style of using
> XOTcl as well:
>
> % wish
> > package require XOTcl
> > namespace import xotcl::*
>
> the shells, if build (what is optional) now do nothing else than this.

Understood! and thanks for the "TEA" information - I was not aware of
it.

There is only one extension that I need to embed in a wish shell  (it's
made by a colleague to display
3D molecules cf  http://www.pasteur.fr/~letondal/biok/i3DMol.html).
It's because we need
to create new Tcl commands and run an init function to set up the
OpenGL environment at
startup.

	Catherine