[Xotcl] xo beginner

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Sat Jun 25 14:17:07 CEST 2005

On 25 Jun 2005, at 12:59, Mads Linden wrote:

> Thanks
>
> I guess I just have to get my head around things like that, a bit
> dangerous
> I feel to call methods before contruct.
>
> It would be ok if it was "procs" that worked like that insode the
> classs,
> but not instprocs :(

Well, you can ask the developers for the reason. I remember stumbling
across it myself at one point. However, I also remember there was a
fairly sensible reason for that. -dash calling is meant for
initialisation so in a sense you can think of it as belonging to the
init. It is, after all, the method used for initialising parameters.

            /  http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/