[Xotcl] TIP #257: Object Orientation for Tcl

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Tue Sep 27 02:21:54 CEST 2005

On 27 Sep 2005, at 03:05, Will Duquette wrote:

> It's really an aesthetic issue rather than a technical
> issue; I find many OO APIs to be terribly cluttered (Java,
> I'm looking at *you*) such that it becomes hard to tell
> which methods are important amid all of the ones which
> are only occasionally of interest.

I think this is a worthy sentiment and one I would subscribe to.
[define] is definitely not a bad solution at all. It feels like a
slot-based system. The aesthetics is why I'd prefer having
constructors and destructors as real methods. Then they become really
simple to describe. No specials required. Also, a Neil pointed out in
his own notes, there are reasons why one would want to have
assertions with destructors (and why not constructors too).

            /  http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/