[Xotcl] info parameters, parameters for all superclasses?

Gustaf Neumann neumann at wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Dec 3 13:09:53 CET 2006

Kristoffer,

The parameter (in newer versions slots) applicable to an object are
determined
by the classes associated with the object. When one wants to serialize the
complete behavior of an object, it is necessary to serialize its classes
with
their dependencies. Since xotcl 1.5.* the old parameter interface is
replaced
by the slots (but keeping the old interface). The definitions of the
slots are
subobjects/subclasses of the class-definitions where they belong to.
Therefore, when a class is serialized via a deep operation,
all "parameter" definitions are automatically included in the serialized
code.

Have a look in xotcl*/library/serialize/Serializer.xotcl

all the best
-gustaf neumann

ps: It is quite trivial to collect all parameter definitions by looping
over the list of associated classes returned by "<obj> info heritage".
However, the parameter definition themselves are pretty useless
without the class definitions.