[Xotcl] How do I get a parameters default-value?

Gustaf Neumann neumann at wu-wien.ac.at
Tue Jul 18 15:11:15 CEST 2006

Dear Florian,

info parameter has a well known bug that it returns just the value of
the last parameter invocation for the class.
to get the full list, you have to do something like

    X parameter {{p1 val1}}
    X parameter [concat [X info parameter] {{p2 val2} {p3 val3}}]

There is an undocumented feature to access the default values via:

    puts d=[X set __defaults(p1)]

note that this might change in the future.

i have locally a complete rewrite of the parameter system of xotcl based
on single and multivalued slots,
but i have still to implement an as-far-as possible backward compatible
top-level layer for it.
It waits as well for a stress and feature test for a relational database
layer we are developing,
but anyhow, it should become part of the next release of xotcl.

greetings
-gustaf