AW: [Xotcl] destroy invoked by object move?

Koen Danckaert koen at retarget.com
Mon Mar 20 13:05:59 CET 2006

Gustaf Neumann wrote:

>>    proc myproc {args} {linsert $args 0 [uplevel 1 self]}
>>    proc myvar {var} {return [uplevel 1 self]::$var}
>
> as kristoffer noted (and as in my earlier version shows)
> it makes sense to add a requireNamespace to myvar.

I usually put the requireNamespace in the "init" method (when it's needed). But I agree that the overhead of putting it in myvar would be negligible.

>>    trace add variable [myvar status] write [myproc statusevent]
>
> you can use here as well
>
>   my trace add variable status write [myproc statusevent]

Ah, ok, I'm used to the forwarders for lappend/unset etc, but didn't notice about trace yet. I now see that there is one for vwait, too.

>  Shouldn't we use "mymethod" instead of myproc, this function will not
> only work for procs, but for instprocs and cmds as well....

I used myproc because the name "method" isn't used anywhere in XOTcl.
But indeed, myproc seems to indicate that it only works for procs, which is wrong of course.

Koen