[Xotcl] XOTcl 1.6.0 issue with "Object info class"

Edmond Ho edmondho at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 22:00:45 CET 2008

Hello all,

I downloaded XOTcl 1.6.0 today, and I immediately ran into an issue in some
of my existing code. The following example works in XOTcl 1.5.6, but is
different in XOTcl 1.6.0 -- as I understand the documentation on the
website, there should be no difference between versions.

package require XOTcl
namespace import ::xotcl::*
Class Foo
set f [Foo new]
$f info Class ;# returns "::Foo", which seems correct
$f info Class "Foo" ;# in 1.5.6, returns 1; in 1.6.0, returns an empty
string

To repeat, the issue is that "Object info class <classname>" returns a
boolean value in XOTcl 1.5.6, but returns an empty string in 1.6.0 -- the
current documentation on the website suggests that the 1.5.6 behavior is
correct.

Am I missing something? Should the documentation be changed, or is the
behavior in 1.6.0 incorrect? I downloaded the package via ActiveState's
teacup service; I'm working on Mac OS X 10.4 Intel.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
Edmond