[Xotcl] IDE and objects

Krzysztof Frukacz frukacz.krzysztof at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 11:07:49 CET 2011

Hello,

Two questions about xotcl. First one: what IDE would you recommend?
Currently I am using Eclipse with XOTCL plugins. I like this IDE, but as
it comes for TCl and XOTCL the plugins do not work very well.
I found XOTclIDE, but it looks a little bit exotic...maybe there are
some other plugins for Eclipse? I am using standard ones from Galileo
repository.

Second question: lets assume that I want to check if particular variable
contains a TCL object of given class: $var istype MyClass. It works
good, assuming that $var contains an object, but if there is a value
like "15" we get an error.
Is there a nice way to check if a variable contains an object of given
class and at the same time just get a false answer in case it does not
contains a XOTCL object?

--
Krzysztof Frukacz