[Xotcl] NX on windows

Rene Zaumseil r.zaumseil at freenet.de
Thu Jul 26 21:34:43 CEST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2012, 05:09:06 schrieb Jonathan Kelly:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get nx working under windows. I was using Activestate 8.5
> on an XP box ... and following the suggestion on the website I installed
> MSVisualStudio 10.0  express ... but I couldn't see how to get that to
> work ... there isn't a Makefile ... I had downloaded nsf2.0b3
>
> So I thought I'd try cygwin (which I already use for other purposes). I
> installed the compile tools, and ran configure, but it broke because I
> apparently don't have a /usr/local/include/tcl8.5/tools/genStub.tcl ...
> I took a gamble and downloaded a version I found on the web somewhere,
> and then configure ran but with some warning messages. Make then breaks
> with this
>
> ./generic/nsfError.c:116: error: conflicting types for 'NsfPrintError'
> ./generic/nsfDecls.h:73: error: previous declaration of 'NsfPrintError'
> was here
> ./generic/nsfError.c:116: error: conflicting types for 'NsfPrintError'
> ./generic/nsfDecls.h:73: error: previous declaration of 'NsfPrintError'
> was here
> Makefile:575: recipe for target `nsfError.o' failed
>
> I'm happy to be the guinea pig for getting the "use NX on windows"
> instructions to be useable.
Get msys/mingw with the default installer
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Automated%20MinGW%20Installer/mingw-
get-inst/mingw-get-inst-20110211/mingw-get-inst-20110211.exe
and selected also g++, msys, and tools.

Then get kbs.tcl from
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbskit/files/

Put it in a directory and run:
  ./kbs.tcl -r install kbskit8.5 nsf2.0
If everything works you can find the lib under directory build*/

Or to get a interpreter containing nsf run:
  ./kbs.tcl -r -bi=nsf2.0 -vq-bi install kbskit8.5

Hope this works.
rene