[Xotcl] Re: Probable bug: no method calls with "next" & init

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Mon Feb 5 23:51:59 CET 2001

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

>  i have to admit, that i do not fully understand the problem.
>  the following seems to satisfy your needs:
>
>  the other approach is to make init more clever.  i read a hint from
>  your mail, that you want to have different constructors for different
>  parameters ("overloading similar to c++"). What's wrong with a switch
>  in init handling these cases:

Well this is exactly the approach I'm using. Just that I was slightly
surprised I couldn't control it with [next] by giving those
object parameters to it as I would when creating an ob. It's OK now that I
know that I can't do it. I can do it with other approaches quite easily
in my code. I just wanted to be sure it's not something that's intended
to work.

Btw. any ideas when 8.4 will be out? The bug with the destruction of
objects and error handling is causing some small headaches in the
debugging phase of code here. I really hate to pressure you like this, but
I need to be able to look forward to a bright future when I get into that
situation, so I can say "Oh, it'll be alright soon" when I stumble across
that situation. No panics though.

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |  www.fishpool.fi|.com
         +-> |    setok at fishpool.com       |  - - --+------
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |