[Xotcl] XOTcl 1.3.0 available

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Wed Aug 18 16:17:24 CEST 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

>     * Nonpositional arguments for xotcl procs/instprocs; this is
>       a flexible way to check arguments, to provide defaults etc
>       for every xotcl proc/instproc. It uses a similar syntax as
>       ad_proc and ad_page_contract in OACS. See the tutorial for
>       more details.

Interesting... I wonder if something like that could be TIPped into
Tcl itself? What about if I don't define any nonpositional arguments,
can I pass arguments beginning with a dash? I kind of hope so, or
otherwise it may be necessary to pass "--" everywhere, and it adds
incompatibility with older XOTcls.

                               / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/