[Xotcl] Use of TclGetInterpProc

Neil Madden nem at cs.nott.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 20:43:48 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've just been compiling XOTcl 1.3.0 on Mac OS X against the latest (as
of about an hour ago) CVS HEAD versions of Tcl and Tk. It initially
failed on the final linking stages, missing the TclGetInterpProc
function. This function has been taken out of Tcl in CVS. Commenting
out the 1 reference to this function in the XOTcl sources
(generic/xotcl.c line 10461) allows the compile to finish, all the
tests pass and the resulting library seems fine. Talking to Donald
Porter on the Tcl'ers Chat indicates that use of this function should
no longer be necessary as Tcl doesn't create any procs using the old
string-based interfaces anymore.

Just thought I'd send out a heads-up, as you probably want to fix/alter
the XOTcl code to deal with this.

Cheers,

Neil.