[Xotcl] [self class] inside [eval]

Kristoffer Lawson setok at fishpool.com
Tue Sep 14 15:14:31 CEST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> I would not recommend this for the general usage, since
> - as uwe pointed out - this is bypassing the xotcl dispatcher
> an can lead to unexpected behavior (it is a defined behavior,
> but different from the variant without eval).

Yes, I let go of that assumption and implementation. It may be good to
mention in the documentation that the eval really is intended for fields
only (although it doesn't state anything about methods anyway, I was just
playing around).

Anyway, thanks for the response.

                               / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/